Atarax Product Description
Atarax is an antihistamine providing anxiolytic, sedative, anti-allergic, anti-nausea, and anti-vomiting effects. Tablets Atarax have a broad spectrum of therapeutic activity and can be indicated to treat various pathological conditions.
- As an anxiolytic - Atarax is used for the symptomatic treatment of anxiety in serious emotional sufferings, psychoneurotic disorders or chronic diseases (including alcohol withdrawal syndrome and asthma).
- As a sedative agent - Atarax can be used to reduce agitation before invasive or surgical dental procedures.
- As an anti-allergic agent - Atarax can be indicated to reduce itching in patients with chronic urticaria and different types of dermatitis in children and adults.
- As an anti-vomiting and anti-nausea drug - Atarax can be indicated to all patients who have no contraindications to the antihistamine.
If you take Atarax pills once or twice a day - take the missed dose once you have remembered it. If you take Atarax pills more than twice a day - do not take the missed dose.
- Atarax is recommended 30 minutes prior to a dental procedure.
- A significant antipruritic effect is provided in about 60 minutes after Atarax intake.
Anxiolytic-antihistamine drug Atarax should be stored at room temperature up to 25ºC.
Atarax Safety Information
Under no circumstances, Atarax tablets should not be used during breastfeeding. Patients with a lower–than–normal seizure threshold and patients with cardiovascular risk factors should take extra caution while using Atarax.
The published health-related advice and materials about Atarax should not be applied for diagnostic purposes, or substitute for medical care. The online pharmacy assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting due to the use of information on antihistamine Atarax.
Atarax Side Effects
Atarax is meant to have rare side effects, and usually only in the first days of antihistamine or anxiolytic therapy. The risk of side effects may increase in case of high daily doses of Atarax.
Some patients may feel sleepiness after Atarax intake. Rarely, Atarax tablets may cause mild headache, dry mouth, or allergic reactions.
In case of Atarax overdose, episodic movement disorders may appear, such as seizures or tremor. To reduce and minimize the severity and number of side effects, the patient is recommended to decrease the total daily or single dose of Atarax.